Africa University Development's Director of Communications, Andra M. Stevens, shared updates on developments at Africa University and thanked Wisconsin United Methodists for continuing to lift Africa University in prayer and invest in its ministry. Stevens said, "You model meaningful discipleship and inspire young people to claim and work towards God’s promise of abundant life."
- The Wisconsin Conference is supporting three young men—two with agriculture majors and one studying business—through its endowed scholarships at Africa University. Be assured that this second-mile support is equipping difference-makers.
- Students and faculty completed the semester’s academic activities. The university was able to quickly transition from in-person to online learning and respond to the internet access and equipment challenges in some home/country settings effectively.
- Africa U will wrap up its first-ever online only examinations period on June 5th and has been applauded by Zimbabwe’s National Council for Higher Education for its bold leadership.
- The university’s contributions to the fight against the spread of COVID-19 include the manufacture of hand sanitizer and PPEs. Africa U has developed its own disposable mask prototype for commercial production and students are making reusable cloth masks.
- Our students are also doing their part to mitigate the impact of the pandemic on vulnerable families—launching successful appeals and giving up meals in order to buy food, medicine and other basic essentials for their neighbors.