This year, 13 new clergy are starting their first appointment or are entering a new clergy role in the Wisconsin Conference—some newly credentialed and some experienced. The new clergy in the WI Annual Conference gathered at Pine Lake United Methodist Camp, July 20-21, for the New Ministry Orientation. At this orientation they learned about:
- Board of Ordained Ministry from Rev. Krysta Deede and Rev. Ty Hines
- WI UMC Camps from Nick Coenen
- Finances and Apportionments from Sarah Sneider
- Conference Benefits from Rev. Jean Nicholas and Rev. Cheryl Weaver
- Stewardship through the WI UMC Foundation from Rev. Krystal Goodger
- Statistical Reports from Don Cramer
- WI UMC website and the Communications Department from Lisa Wink.
Pictured: Hae Jin Bahng, Zach Bloom, Ron Bupp, Jeremiah Cottrell-Duebner, Dogyun (David) Kim, Hyuntae Kim, Han Yoon Lee, Sangrok (Rok) Lee, Mary Messmer, Jill Nowlen, Patricia Tristan, Mike Zahn. Not Pictured: Luis Velasquez
Rev. Dan Schwerin, the Assistant to the Bishop, gave the welcome from the Bishop’s office and the address from the Cabinet. The new clergy to WI also heard from the three Chairs of the Orders (Elder: Rev. Steve Scott/Rev. Cathy Weigand, Deacon: Rev. Susan Haller and Licensed Local Pastor/Associate Members: Rev. Mike Weaver).
*Thank you to Rev. Mary Anne Conklin and Jessica Gobel, both members of the Board of Ordained Ministry, who planned and organized the 2022 New Ministry Orientation.*