This chaplaincy position provides visitation ministry to United Methodists hospitalized in Madison hospitals. It is a 15 hrs/wk part time position. Position will open July 1, 2019.
The United Methodist Hospitals Ministry is one of the ministries of the Health & Welfare Committee of the Annual Conference and has been in existence for over 45 years. It provides a chaplain as ministry support and spiritual care to hospitalized parishioners and their families. The chaplain serves as a colleague and connecting bridge to parish pastors, standing in for them when timely visitation of their hospitalized parishioners is not possible. Contact Rev. Bob Eagle, UMHM Committee Chairperson for more information. Phone: 608-835-9330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ordained UM Clergy or Provisional Deacon
- Minimum three years of parish or chaplaincy experience
- Demonstrated interest, skills and knowledge in hospital ministry
- Minimum one (preferably more) satisfactorily completed Unit(s) of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) from an accredited ACPE Center
- Be a member in good standing with the Wisconsin United Methodist Conference (or another UM Conference) with a positive appreciation and understanding of the UM connectional system