The Wisconsin Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church is working with the General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA) to recruit for the position of Director of Administration/Treasurer. If you know of someone who might be interested, please have them submit their resume and cover letter to Human Resources via email at email@example.com by July 10, 2019.
If you have any questions about the open position, please contact Tricia Baker, Director of Human Resources at 615-369-2326. The Wisconsin Annual Conference is an equal opportunity employer.
- MANAGE FINANCIAL SERVICES
- RECEIVE AND DISBURSE GENERAL CHURCH FUNDS
- PARTNER WITH CF&A TO OVERSEE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE BUDGET
- STRATEGIC PLANNING AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
- OVERSEE ADMINISTRATION OF THE COMPENSATION FOR LAY AND CLERGY STAFF
- MANAGE SPECIAL CAMPAIGN FUNDS
- OVERSEE THE MANAGEMENT OF THE HEALTHCARE FUND
- MANAGE PERSONNEL ADMINISTRATION
- Review journal entries, checks, EFT (electronic funds transfers) payments, and general ledger for accuracy and appropriateness. Approve EFT payments in the bank online system.
- Respond to inquiries and requests relating to budgets, expenses and revenue, etc.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations and reconciliations between the general ledger and benefits billing systems.
- Review the financial reports for the funds invested in the Wisconsin United Methodist Foundation for accuracy, appropriateness, and/or reasonableness. Prepare annual spreadsheet and journal entry to track and enter transactions for these funds into the general ledger.
- Monitor balances in various bank and investment accounts.
- Communicate about, calculate repayment schedules, and monitor repayment of mortgage loans provided to District Superintendents through the Board of Trustees Parsonage Fund.
- Manage annual audit process for Conference and Episcopal Office audits.
- Prepare general ledgers in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare analyses of fixed assets, property taxes, interfund transfers and receivables and payables, various balance sheet accounts, restricted and designated funds, etc. for financial statement reporting under GAAP.
- Communicate salary/wage and benefits information to new staff, when changes occur, and for staff members' final paychecks.
- Review biweekly payroll records for accuracy and appropriateness. Prepare or review payroll-related calculations (pay amounts for new/terminated staff, etc.) and changes.
- Monitor the balances and activity in the investment accounts held at the General Board of Pension and Health Benefits and make transfers as necessary.
- Summarize prior year budgets, actual results, budgetary requests, and proposed amounts. Input the Conference-approved budget, adding new accounts and deleting old ones, and including additional detail as necessary, into the accounting system.
- Maintain liaison with Joint Board of Pension and Health Benefits, Council on Finance & Administration, Board of Trustees, and Conference Personnel Committee.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or relevant concentration is required. Master's degree is preferred.
- CPA Strongly desired.
- Minimum of four to five years of finance/accounting experience.
- Two to three years' previous experience in supervisory position, preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Financial IT systems integration and implementation is a plus.
- Membership in the United Methodist Church preferred.