The following action items were voted on and approved during the 2019 Annual Conference
- Action Item 1 Camp Promotion
- Action Item 2 United Methodist Youth Sunday
- Action Item 3 United Methodist Women’s Sunday
- Action Item 4 Resolution Relating to Rental/Housing Allowances for retired or Disabled Clergypersons of the Wisconsin Conference
Joint Board of Pensions, Insurance & Equitable Compensation
- Action Item 5 Resolution on Past Service Annuity Rate
- Action Item 6 Resolution on Minimum Compensation
- Action Item 8 Resolution for Automatic Enrolling in UMPIP
Conference Strategy Board (now New Ministries Strategy Board)
- Action Item 7 Resolution for Name Change of the Conference Strategy Board
Camp, Retreat, and Age-Level Ministries
- Action Item 9 Proposed Replacement for Conference Policy 160.2
Church and Clergy Group Submissions
- Action Item 10 Resolution on Faithful Financial Stewardship. Watch video of presentation
- Action Item 12 Resolution for Disavowal of the Traditional Plan AS AMENDED. Watch video of presenation
Action Item 23 Proposed Replacement for Conference Policy 10.3.0 AS AMENDED (see note on Action Item 21 below)
- Friendly amendment to add three categories: The Conference Treasurer shall notify local churches annually of their share of apportionments, separated into three categories: 1) General Conference Apportionments, 2) Jurisdictional Conference Apportionments, and 3) the Wisconsin Conference Apportionments
- Action Item 14 Proposed Change to Conference Rule 3.3.8
Board of Global Ministries – Health and Welfare Agencies
- Action Item 15 Covenant of Affiliation Between Christian Community Homes and Services and the Wisconsin Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Action Item 16 Covenant of Affiliation Between Morrow Memorial Home and the Wisconsin Conference of the United Methodist Church
- Action Item 17 Covenant of Affiliation Between Schmitt Woodland Hills and the Wisconsin Conference of the United Methodist Church
Conference Petitions Committee
Council on Finance and Administration (CFA)
- Action Item 19 Proposed 2020 Conference Budget
- Action Item 20 Proposed Balloting Procedures for the Election of Delegates to the 2020 General and Jurisdictional Conferences
Launch Out! Team
- Action Item 22 Proposed Launch Out! Update
Black Methodists for Church Renewal (BMCR)
- Motion M3006 The Conference Journal for 2019 be made available on or before December 1, 2019
*Notes on Action Items
Action Item 21 and Action Item 23
- These two Action Items each offered a replacement for Conference Policy 10.3.0.
- Action Item 21, submitted by CFA, the Connectional Table, and the Appointive Cabinet, was intended to help the Conference sustain a healthier cash flow.
- Action Item 23, submitted on behalf of several Wisconsin churches, was intended to give local churches control over where their apportionment dollars go.
- On Friday, Action Item 21 was presented by CFA for a vote. The Annual Conference chose to replace Action Item 21 with Action Item 23.
- On Sunday, an amendment was added to Action Item 23 to incorporate aspects of Action Item 21.View amendment.
- An additional friendly amendment was added to include three categories: The Conference Treasurer shall notify local churches annually of their share of apportionments, separated into three categories: 1) General Conference Apportionments, 2) Jurisdictional Conference Apportionments, and 3) the Wisconsin Conference Apportionments
- This amended Action Item was voted on and approved by the Annual Conference.
Action Item 25 Resolution of A Vision Forward for the Wisconsin Annual Conference
- The Annual Conference voted to refer this action item to the Wisconsin Option Task Force.