This chaplaincy position provides visitation ministry to United Methodists hospitalized in Madison hospitals. It is a 15 hrs/wk part time position. Position will open July 1, 2019. Contact Rev. Bob Eagle, UMHM Committee Chairperson for more information. Phone: 608-835-9330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The United Methodist Hospitals Ministry is one of the ministries of the Health & Welfare Committee of the Annual Conference and has been in existence for over 45 years. It provides a chaplain as ministry support and spiritual care to hospitalized parishioners and their families. The chaplain serves as a colleague and connecting bridge to parish pastors, standing in for them when timely visitation of their hospitalized parishioners is not possible.
- Ordained UM Clergy or Provisional Deacon
- Minimum three years of parish or chaplaincy experience
- Demonstrated interest, skills and knowledge in hospital ministry
- Minimum one (preferably more) satisfactorily completed Unit(s) of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) from an accredited ACPE Center
- Be a member in good standing with the Wisconsin United Methodist Conference (or another UM Conference) with a positive appreciation and understanding of the UM connectional system