Groat Rural Ministry Accessibility Grant
The Wisconsin Conference Board of Trustees is administering a bequest from the Groat Family. Grants are available to rural churches to support:
- Minimum Standards: Projects that help rural churches meet minimum facilities standards’ requirements under Conference Policy 130.1.1 (indoor plumbing, electricity to code, heating, safety detectors, etc.). Grants fund up to 80% of project costs with a $30,000 per facility maximum.
- Accessibility: Projects that improve physical or virtual (online) accessibility (including technology to support online presence) for rural churches. Up to $15,000 in matching funds available per project.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Grants are awarded in January, April, July and October. Click on the flyers below for more detail.
To apply, submit a written request that describes
- The church/ministry and how it meets the definition of “rural”;
- The church/ministry plans to improve minimum standards or physical/virtual accessibility
- The costs of proposed modifications (ie, invoices, bids, list of equipment with costs, etc.)
- A completed Accessibility audit – click link below for form (not required for Minimum Standards Grant or virtual (technology upgrade) accessibility projects)
- The amount of grant funds requested
- A letter of support from your District Supervisor (required for minimum standards grant only)
Mail requests to:
WI UM Conference Finance Office
Attn: Trustees/Treasurer – Groat Grant
750 Windsor St., Suite 104
Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Wisconsin United Methodist Foundation Grants
The Wisconsin United Methodist Foundation exists to help United Methodist churches, ministries, boards and agencies with all things financial regarding their ministries. They hope to support your church or group in expanding your ministry. Click here to view their grant opportunities.
Ethnic In-Service Training (EIST) Grant
EIST grants are awarded in sums up to $10,000 and are given to programs designed to bolster recruitment, training and retention of ethnic persons for leadership positions at every level of the church and its ministry. Click here for more information.