Finance & Administration
Finance and Administration Office
Welcome to the Finance & Administration Office webpage. Our mission is to provide exceptional service in the areas of financial management, benefits administration and record preservation for local churches and the elected leadership of the Wisconsin Annual Conference.
- Ministry Financials is the software program for apportionments and benefits. You can now see your apportionment statements and pay apportionments and special giving on line. The pastor and the pastor e-mail are set as the primary for each church. We set up the treasurer and treasurer e-mails based on the information we have from your church conference reports. You can also add other staff to get the monthly e-mail if you have a staff person or volunteer who normally makes the payments. Here is a link to the instructions so you can get started.
- All churches will receive a CPP credit on their monthly Benefit statement for the months of July – December. Three months are being covered by the Joint Board of Pensions and three months by Wespath.
- We are working with Church Mutual to allow increased deductible limits for your multi-peril policy. More news when this is available.
Our offices are now closed in accordance with the Governor's Safer at Home order. We are all working from home and are available via e-mail. Please use the e-mails below to get to the staff you need directly.
Office Hours: M-F 8:00 – 4:30
Mailing Address: 750 Windsor St, Ste 104, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Treasurer & Director of Administration
- Legal, Budget and Statistics Issues
- Insurance (other than health)
- Church Building, Property, Equipment & Real Estate Issues
- Apportionment Calculations & Adjustments
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Rev. Jean Nicholas
Conference Benefits Officer
- Health Insurance – HealthFlex (actives) or AmWins (retirees)
- Pension - Wespath
- Healthflex Cafeteria Plan
- Death of Clergy, Laity & Spouses
- Retirement Benefits
- Financial Statements
- Foundation accounts
Finance Office Manager
- Apportionment statements and questions
- Monthly health and pension billing/Mission Connect
- Special giving
- Processing expense vouchers
Service Department Manager
- Handles incoming and outgoing mail
- Update and maintain portion of the Conference Database
- Handles copy jobs, assembly jobs, and supply orders for various offices
- Administers Conference archival materials
- Researches records for staff, churches, genealogists and researchers
- Provides guidance to churches on records management
Our giving transforms Wisconsin and the World! The faithful giving of the local United Methodist Churches within Wisconsin empowers much needed ministry. Our mission is to Make Disciples for the Transformation of the World and we accomplish that through the giving of time, talents and treasures of the people of Wisconsin! Access information on our budget in summary, detail and narrative forms.
Local Church Finances
Our Finance and Administration Office is a resource for local United Methodist Churches in Wisconsin. The task of providing leadership in financial ministry is a great honor and an awesome responsibility. As a leader and steward, we want to provide you with a basic understanding of your role and the best practices. View resources on handling your church finances and view information on upcoming trainings, both in person and via webinar.
Apportionment is the term used to describe the amount that each United Methodist congregation is asked to contribute to the wider United Methodist Church in support of our missions and ministries around the world. In other words, it is A Portion Meant for Others. We sometimes call Apportionments the term Connectional Giving because it is an outward and visible sign of the connection within the UMC.
View videos, guides, and more on Why We Give and What We Support through our Shared Connectional Ministries!
Ministry Financials is our new apportionment software. Here is a link: umcdata.net/WI. The login and password is your church GCFA number and conference number. Please contact Lisa Adler at email@example.com if you need help.
We encourage individuals to give through your local church offering plate by writing the project/fund number in the memo of your check or envelope. But we also accept donations online. Browse the online giving website for individuals!