The Office Manager oversees the general operation of the church office Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. She/he will perform the organizational tasks to support the church’s ministries and building activities and help maintain an efficient and pleasant work environment for all staff, members, visitors, and building partners.
The duties listed below are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Keep church office welcoming, organized, presentable: sort mail, answer phones and email, greet visitors.
- Format and print material to be published at FUMC including bulletins, newsletters, reports, etc.
- Oversee communication to the congregation through mailings and email.
- Organize, inventory, and order office supplies.
- Maintain copy equipment and printers.
- Interface with people who walk in for appointments with staff members, assistance from the church, etc.
- Interface with vendors, maintenance workers, contractors, etc.
- Recruit, coordinate, and supervise office volunteers.
- Communicate and coordinate with staff, ministry teams, building partners and users.
- Provide support services for special projects and ongoing programs.
- Keep church calendar current.
- Coordinate room assignments to prevent conflicts; verify room set-ups for custodian.
- Review weekly security schedule with Security Team and modify during the week if there are changes.
- Keep promotional material attractively displayed in the church, information on bulletin boards current, and daily schedules for meetings posted on lobby boards.
- Oversee altar flower arrangements, including special orders for Easter and Christmas.
- Maintain and update ASC membership files and compile reports.
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in administrative office work.
- Experience in using office equipment and computer systems: Word, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, Mail Chimp, Calendar Wiz, and ACS.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and proofreading skills.
- Strong work ethic: punctual and flexible enough to stay late on occasion.
- Strong organizational ability, deadline orientation, and skill in multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on confidentiality and tact.
- Sensitivity and gentleness toward individuals who are vulnerable, impoverished, or struggling.
- Willingness to update skills and learn new technology as necessary.
- Experience with the function of a church office.
- Ability to update websites and social media sites.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software.
Commensurate with experience; 35 hours per week, salaried; IRA after one year; paid vacation according to policy.
Job Type: Part-time