JOB OPENING: Part-Time MUSIC DIRECTOR
Crossroads United Methodist Church
5901 Hogan Road
Waunakee, WI 53597
The Music Director leads the music program at Crossroads UMC, centered in Jesus Christ, which supports the church’s mission in connecting people, igniting hearts and transforming lives through sharing a love of music.
Direct Adult Choir
- Coordinate with pastor choosing music to enhance worship & reinforce the Scripture or Message.
- Consult with the pastor in a timely manner about choir music or special music planned.
- Update and maintain the music repertoire.
- Supply music to accompanist and any other instrumentalists. May involve transposing & cut/ paste.
- Rehearse choir weekly for 1 ½ hours generally from September thru May.
- Direct the Adult Choir including warm-up for Sunday services.
- Recruit new choir members.
- Provide opportunities for soloists, ensembles and instrumentalists.
- Facilitate fellowship opportunities for the choir.
Coordinate cooperation among choirs.
Select, schedule, and direct weekly service accompanists.
Facilitate special stand-alone musical events.
Enhance music at Crossroads Church
- Add instruments when possible to hymns, anthems or as solos or ensembles during worship.
- Recruit individuals or small ensembles to sing/play as special music for worship.
- Find and rehearse (as needed), soloists and ensembles in summer.
Assist recruiting other directors and accompanists as needed.
Oversee Music Budget
Coordinate maintenance of piano and other instruments.
Attend Staff meetings as requested by the Pastor.
The position estimated to be 10-15 hours per week. Compensation to be negotiated.
Email resume or direct questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org