The Wisconsin Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church fulfills its mission through the ministry of more than 81,000 United Methodists in 458 local congregations, served by the Bishop, the Conference Center in Sun Prairie, five districts served by a district superintendent and 77 circuits served by dedicated and devoted clergy and laity leaders. The Conference seeks to inspire and equip local faith communities to develop disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world through partnering with communities, advocating to transform systems that disenfranchise, marginalize, and oppress.
- Serves as point of contact for the Wisconsin Conference office, including receiving and directing calls for the Wisconsin Conference.
- Assists the Event and Administrative Assistant in tracking and maintaining registration systems for Annual Conference and other Conference-wide events, as needed.
- Performs administrative duties, including maintaining proper files, calendars, arranging meetings, making travel arrangements, and communicating with internal and external clients and constituents of The United Methodist Church (UMC).
- Coordinates and manages all hospitality needs for the conference office including greeting and caring for those coming to the office, ensuring an appropriate supply of food and beverages for visitors and meetings, arranging any catering needs, and arranging appropriate hospitality for visiting guests of the Wisconsin Conference.
- Collaborates and provides additional support to other Conference ministry areas. Oversees background checks for Volunteers in Mission and Camping summer staff. Manages databases and IT information for the Ministry and Outreach and Congregational Development offices.
- Maintains second floor common areas (refrigerator, coffee, supplies, bulletin boards, tables).
- General office duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience performing administrative duties required, 3 to 5 years preferred.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and video conferencing.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures required.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic to make calculations, balance and reconcile figures, and make changes accurately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Efficient and effective organizational skills.
- Ability to work occasional nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work with persons at off-site locations.
The Wisconsin Annual Conference is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities. All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully completing background, reference, and other applicable checks.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: December 17, 2021
No Staffing Agencies or Recruitment Firms