Grand Avenue United Methodist Church is a small but active congregation with a vital ministry. The church is located in Port Washington, Wisconsin, 30 miles north of Milwaukee along the shores of Lake Michigan. Currently, it is partnered with Cedarburg United Methodist Church in a regional ministry. The Pastor and some staff are shared, with each church having its own service. At this time, there is one weekly service at 10 a.m. on Sundays.
- Provide accompaniment for worship services, including incidental music (e.g., Prelude, Postlude, transitions as appropriate to maintain service flow).
- Lead congregation in singing while accompanying on keyboard.
- Provide music accompaniment for Lenten, Easter, and Christmas Eve services.
- Accompany special music performed by others when scheduled.
- Strong keyboard and vocal skills. The ability to play the organ is an added plus.
- Working familiarity with United Methodist Church Hymnal and “The Faith We Sing” is preferred.
- A dependable and enthusiastic person able to work with Pastor and congregation on hymn selection, style, and tempo.