The purpose of the United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay is to grow persons as deeply committed followers of Jesus Christ who Love God, Care for each other and Serve in the world.
Hours of Work: 20 hours
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Team Leader: Lead Pastor
Supervisory Responsibilities: Volunteers
To develop, coordinate and oversee adult Christian education ministry.
- Assess the Christian education needs of adults in the church and community and develop strategies to meet them
- Develop classes and small groups that support the Christian education/discipleship vision and offer them to the congregation and the community
- Increase participation and engagement in all Christian education and discipleship efforts
- Facilitate WNL (Wednesday Night Live) programming and logistics
- Work with the Wednesday Night Live Staff Team creating a healthy, growing midweek intergenerational experience
- Develop an expectation of invitation
- Serve as staff liaison to North Shore School for Seniors
- Participate in all staff meetings
- Participate in other committee meetings as requested by the Lead Pastor
- Good communication (both verbal and written) and organizational skills
- A growing knowledge and profession of the Christian faith
- Must work in cooperation with other church groups, their leaders and staff
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
- Experience or background with coordinating and/or developing activities or educational programs as necessary.
- Teaching experience desirable.
Teaching, Compassion, Leadership, Administration, Evangelism, Shepherding
Contact: Matt Hadley
Address: 819 E. Silver Spring Dr. Whitefish Bay WI 53217