Algoma Boulevard United Methodist Church, Oshkosh, WI
Band/Worship Leader Job Description
Job Purpose - The Band/Worship leader is responsible for creating, coordinating and leading the music at the 9:00am Sunday casual worship service. This may include playing an instrument, singing, leading part of worship, and growing a band of volunteer musicians / singers. This worship experience is casual, interactive, and open to creativity in how we praise and experience God.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Planning, prepping, and performing worship music weekly that aligns with the scripture and theme.
· Partnering with staff and volunteers to create inspiring worship.
· Recruiting and developing a volunteer worship team who performs worship music.
· Scheduling and organizing rehearsals
· Utilizes a variety of music selection to appeal to a diverse group of people in worship
· Well-rounded in musical knowledge and abilities
· Music leadership (worship music leadership preferred)
· Proficient with one or more musical instrument and/or vocals
· Passion for people and service
· Personal relationship with God, including continuous personal spiritual growth
· Recruiting and energizing volunteers
· Knowledge of music, music theory, and band dynamics
· Demonstrated leadership
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Ability to articulate healthy, progressive theology
· Welcoming to all people
Demonstrate competence in the following:
· Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization. Maintain confidentiality and integrity.
· Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the church.
· Communicate Effectively: Listen, speak and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Brings forth ideas and concerns.
· Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with Church Staff and Leaders to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
· Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
· Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Working hours: Flexible ~ 5-10 hours per week
Contact: Cathy Weigand
Address: 1174 Algoma Blvd Oshkosh 54901