Praise Team Director
This person directs the Praise Band and performs all relevant activities to support a performance during the contemporary service consistent with the worship needs of the church. Responsibilities include:
- Select quality, liturgically and UMC theologically appropriate music representing many styles and cultures that incorporates praise team instrumentalists (i.e., contemporary, spirituals, global, Taize, jazz, etc.). Includes praise hymns that will be used to augment a contemporary service.
- Provide copies of the appropriate music well in advance of their rehearsal to all band members (including instrumentalists such as lead guitarist, bass guitarist, percussionist, keyboardist, and others as needed).
- Recruit new members for the Praise Band, setting goals for membership each year and presenting clear and stated goals to the Lead Pastor with a goal to create new praise teams and a rotational schedule for the contemporary service.
Chancel Choir Director
This person directs the Chancel Choir and performs all relevant activities to support a performance during the traditional Sunday service consistent with the worship needs of the church. Responsibilities include:
- Proficiently conduct the Chancel Choir to ensure readiness for quality musical offerings through regular weekly rehearsals.
- Select quality, liturgically and UMC theologically appropriate choral music representing many styles and cultures (i.e., classical, contemporary, spirituals, global, Taize, etc.).
- Work with the worship planning team in planning special musical performances (e.g., cantatas celebrating Advent and the Lenten season).
- Recruit new members for the Chancel Choir, setting goals for membership each year and presenting clear and stated goals to the Lead Pastor.
Additional Responsibilities for both directors:
Attend all Worship Planning and Staff meetings. With approval from Lead Pastor the director may send a substitute should they be unable to attend the meeting.
Directors are responsible for maintaining and organizing the choir music for the church. It is encouraged but not required to have a volunteer help and/or manage this task.
Directors will demonstrate a willingness to collaborate with other music groups/directors in the church and community.
Demonstrated musical knowledge of and skills associated with directing praise team programs or chancel choirs and a love of vocal music. An evolving Christian faith and genuine spirituality which enhance a positive spirit of Christian community. Proficient with musical instruments, tools, work aids, and equipment such as electronic keyboard, music library, copy machine, and other office equipment. Basic piano proficiency and general awareness of sound equipment preferred.
Praise Team director shall be proficient at reading musical charts and orchestrations to be able to make decisions and select appropriate music for the instrumental and vocal makeup of the team[s]. Knowledge of where to find praise music resources.
A personal music network is desired for the Chancel Choir director, with access to local, dependable musicians to hire for special occasions. A musical degree with a minimum of 2 to 5 years choir experience in a choral setting is preferred.
Contact: Dave Vollmers
Address: 1529 Wauwatosa Avenue Wauwatosa WI 53213