Cargill United Methodist Church is an 800-member congregation with a long history in Janesville, Wisconsin. Cargill UMC is looking to revitalize its ministry across all age groups. The next step in this revitalization is hiring a coordinator of children’s ministries.
To assist the pastoral staff in developing and overseeing the church’s program for children’s ministries, focusing on the spiritual formation of children as well as their families.
Areas of Responsibility
Will work with pastoral staff and children’s ministry team to:
- Create and coordinate learning opportunities, programs and events for children preschool through fifth grade. (Examples: Sunday school, Vacation Bible School, small groups, family worship, seasonal events.)
- Invite adults into leadership and participation in children’s ministries.
- Help such persons develop the skills and tools for such ministries, through planning, communication, and training.
- Coordinate with other age-level ministries, such as youth, Cargill Christian Preschool and Daycare, etc.
- Relational skills. Comfortable in relating to both children and adults, and willing to make contacts by telephone, e-mail and in person.
- With children, able to relate in age-intuitive ways, to be appropriately silly or serious as necessary.
- Adaptable to challenges and opportunities that will arise as the program grows.
- Ability to work as self-starter, while also collaborating with pastoral staff and children’s ministry team on ideas, planning and evaluation of programs.
Attributes of an Effective Staff Person
- Commitment to the Christian faith and to the church.
- Patience working with persons of varying aptitudes, education and levels of commitment.
- Eagerness to learn.
Staff person is directly responsible to the pastoral staff. Pastors are responsible to encourage and support staff persons, who in turn encourage and support members and friends of the congregation. A Staff-Parish Relations Committee serves as a liaison for staff.
An ideal candidate will have experience working with children, local church experience and post-secondary education.
Working Hours and Salary Support
Part-time. 20 hours a week. Some weeks will require more work, others less. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits per employee handbook.
Intent to Hire
Please send or e-mail a letter expressing your interest and qualifications to:
Steve Scott, lead pastor E-mail: email@example.com
Cargill United Methodist Church Tel. 608.752.0548
2000 Wesley Avenue
Janesville, WI 53545
Contact: Steve Scott, lead pastor
Address: 2000 Wesley Avenue JANESVILLE 53545