Charge Conference Forms Support
Welcome to our Church/Charge Conference support page!
On this page you have access to all the information you need to know about the Church/Charge conference forms. Below you will find categories of information to ensure you are successful in completing the forms.
Popular supported web browsers: Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, we recommend that you use the latest version.
Feel free to call or email us with any questions. Thank you in advance for submitting your forms in a timely manner keeping in mind the Charge Conference Due Dates.
BISHOP'S VIDEO: The Bishop recorded a new video and he asks that you include the video in your Church Conference agenda.
For instructions on how to access your People Portal, please read the "How to Access the People Portal" above.
Clergy Compensation Form (due 10 days prior to the Charge Conference):
- The Clergy Compensation Form is available in the People Portal for the pastor(s). Click here to watch the video on how to complete the Clergy Compensation Form.
- If you are appointed to a multiple point charge you will submit only one compensation form through your People Portal for your primary church. You will then calculate the breakdown for each church by clicking on the "Manage Splits" at the top of the form.
- Important documents for your reference:
All pastors must contribute at least 1% of their plan compensation (salary + housing) to UMPIP in order to receive the matching amount in their particular pension plan. Currently, these personal contributions that pastors make to UMPIP are paid through a payroll deduction at the local church level and the bill comes directly to the local church from Wespath. If you are making a change to your personal contributions to pensions through UMPIP, please submit a new 2022 UMPIP Contributions Agreement form to the Conference Benefits Officer. Here is the link to obtain the form Personal Investment Plans Page.
- The amount on line 1 of your Compensation Form must be equal to or greater than the MINIMUM SALARY amount listed below. These amounts were approved at the 2022 Annual Conference. Churches are encouraged to pay above the minimum. The 2023 recommended Minimum Compensation amounts are 4.0% higher than 2022.
- Full Elders and Deacons, Provisional Members and Associate Members $46,361
- Licensed Local Pastors $41,944
Pastors appointed Full-time or ¾ time, receive the church’s contribution toward their CRSP (Clergy Retirement Security Program) . They also qualify for the death and disability benefit through CPP (Comprehensive Protection Plan).
CRSP = 12% of plan compensation
CPP = 2.0% of plan compensation (2.4% in 2022)
Plan compensation is calculated as follows:
- With housing allowance: Cash salary + housing allowance + the amount the church/charge pays toward the personal portion of the pastor’s health insurance premium = Plan Compensation
- With parsonage: Cash salary + the amount the church/charge pays toward the personal portion of the pastor’s health insurance premium) x 1.25 = Plan Compensation
Pastors appointed 1/2 or 1/4 time, receive the church's contribution toward their UMPIP. The church pays 6% of plan the pastor's behalf.
UMPIP = 6% of plan compensation
- You can save a form and return to it if you need to gather information.
- After filling out and saving ALL the forms – you must also OFFICIALLY SUBMIT the forms. Once you do that, you cannot make further edits.
- If you need to edit a form after you have "officially submitted" the forms, contact one of our District Administrators. They can “un-submit” the forms so you can make changes.
- The Trustee Chair, Finance Chair, and SPRC Chair will all have access to the forms through their People Portal.
Charge Conference Report Training Video:
Clergy Compensation Form Training Video:
Fund Balance Report Training Video: