- Flashbacks, the official newsletter of the Commission on Archives and History in Wisconsin, where local church historians can submit articles for publication.
- The General Commission on Archives and History for The United Methodist Church (GCAH) strives to promote and care for the historical interest of The United Methodist Church. The GCAH website includes general information, lists of online research resources, research tips and a catalog.
- Local Church Historian Guide, produced for the local church committee on records and history, and the local church historian.
- Our Family Tree, historical "roots" of the United Methodist Church
- Plan for Ministry, Commission on Archives and History Annual Plan
- Report of the Commission on Archives and History (2013)
- The United Methodist Church features online resources including stories of Faith in Action and Leadership, and a Church Locator.
- The Wisconsin Historical Society is one of the premiere research facilities in the nation.
The UMC History Overview
For a general overview of United Methodist history in Wisconsin, see the following publications:
- The Cross and Flame, by William Blake, Worzalla Co., Steven Points, Wisconsin (1973)
- The History of Methodism in Wisconsin, by P. S. Bennett, Cranston & Stowe, Cincinnati (1890)