Zambia is a landlocked country in southern Africa. The capital city is Lusaka, located in the south-central part of the country. Originally inhabited by Khoisan people, the region which comprises modern Zambia was colonized during the Bantu expansion of the thirteenth century. After visits by European explorers in the eighteenth century, Zambia became the British protectorate of Northern Rhodesia towards the end of the nineteenth century. In 1964, the country became independent of the United Kingdom.
Christians account for at least 50% of the population, and residents are also Muslim and Hindu, while others share indigenous beliefs. 99.5% of the population is African, with the other 0.5% made up of Europeans, Asians and Americans.
The Wisconsin Conference has been active in ministry work in Zambia, and opportunities to support work in this country exist on many levels.
Donations for Mujila Falls can be designated for:
- Wisconsin Fund #3443
- Advance #15016A
Mujila Falls is on Facebook!
Current Missionaries to Zambia
- Betty Tshala
- Paul Webster