A member of National CEF & an affiliated organization of the United Methodist Church. CEF membership is open to educators from all denominations.
- Presidents-Julie Francis & Kristin Weber
- Vice President-Anne Gibson
- Membership Chair/Treasurer-Lynn Barbeau
- Chapter Advocate-Lori Ebbott
- Secretary-Jo Perry-Sumwalt & Kathryn Taughinbaugh
- Sunshine-Laura Roeth
To Join or for More Information
CEF Membership Chair & Treasurer
Second Thursday of the Month
9:00 am - Noon
Conference Room, Second Floor
750 Windsor Street
Sun Prairie WI 53590
Typical Meeting Agenda:
- Gathering starts at 9:00am sharing a light breakfast buffet
- 9:30am devotions
- 9:45am program
- Our chapter business meeting is at 11:00am
- Lunch at noon for those who can stay (small shared expense). This is a great time to network & fellowship
Past CEF Newsletters
The Newsletter of the Wisconsin Chapter of Christian Educators Fellowship.
, Mequon UMC, WI-CEF Chapter Advocate
- May, 2010 (616 kb PDF)
- April, 2010 (467 kb PDF)
- March, 2010 (476 kb PDF)
- September, 2008 (649 kb PDF)
- May, 2008 (459 kb PDF)
- April, 2008 (501 kb PDF)
- March, 2008 (985 kb PDF)
- February, 2008 (733 kb PDF)
- January, 2008 (820 kb PDF)
- November, 2007 (649 kb PDF)
- October, 2007 (616 kb PDF)
- September, 2007 (136 kb PDF)
- August, 2007 (575 kb PDF)
- June, 2007 (564 kb PDF)
- May, 2007 (595 kb PDF)
- April, 2007 (582 kb PDF)
Program Schedule 2010-2011
September 8th, 2011
Dan Dick, Wisconsin Conference Director of Connectional Ministries, will be presenting on a "2G Church in a 4G World". This program will cover 1) the importance of technology to learning and how the church succeeds and fails in its application, and 2) the trajectory and challenges of technology for the church in the next 5-10 years.
October 13th, 2011
Eric Rose, Director of Youth Ministries at Whitefish Bay United Methodist Church, will speak on connecting parents to youth ministry.
November 10, 2011
Anne Gibson, Director of Christian Education at FUMC, Whitewater, will present "Relational Skills: Where All Ministry Begins". Learn to build meaningful and lasting relationships with those we serve.
No meeting Merry Christmas!
January 20th & 21st, 2012 - "Winter Retreat"
Hosted by Jo Perry- Sumwalt at the Sumwalt farm. Officers meet early Friday for planning. All members are invited to join them in the afternoon and overnight for a program, personal retreat, and fellowship.
February 9th, 2012
A representative of Dane County Health and Human Services will speak on Teen dating violence prevention.
March 8, 2012
National CEF Conference Planning. Have you heard? Our chapter has received the honor of hosting this conference in October 2012! We'll spend this day putting our hospitality into action.
April 12, 2012
Weaving Faith into Family Life: an idea share! Bring your best ideas on how to bring faith beyond church walls and into the homes of those we work with.
May 10, 2012
Rev. Dawn Ramstad, Deacon for Spiritual Formation at River of Life United Methodist Church, Beloit, will discuss Continuing Education of Christian Educators, supported by the Annual Conference.
May 31st, 2012 - "Summer Retreat"
Hosted by Jan White. Officers meet in the morning for breakfast and planning. All members are invited for lunch, an afternoon of fellowship, and a program.
What CEF Is All About?
The Wisconsin Chapter of Christian Educators Fellowship strives to meet the needs of its membership by:
- Spiritually nurturing one another
- Helping members network for support and ideas
- Keeping members up to date on the latest information in our fields of interest and endeavors
- Strengthening the role of Christian education in our churches for the betterment of all church attendees
We are a diverse group brought together by the common goal of helping all people in our congregations grow in their personal spiritual journeys so as to be faithful Disciples of Christ.
We acknowledge that we, as Christian educators, must continue to grow. One way is to meet as a group expanding our horizons in holy concert with our peers.
We offer programs which blend:
- Professional growth, information, opportunities, ways to do more with less, networking, idea & resource sharing
- Resources for children, youth, and adults
- Spiritual inspiration & devotional time
- Fellowship: ours is a supportive group affording an opportunity to build friendships statewide
- Programs: varied & substantive with real "take-away" value
- Connections to state and national conferences and other valuable resources
CEF meeting time is well spent-it is an investment in the health of Christian education where you serve and an investment in you! Mark your calendar now so that you can attend regularly!
- Volunteer or paid staff, part time or full time, pastors or laity, men or women, formally trained or shaped by experience, longtime workers or neophytes, from churches large or small. We are all servants of Christ and his Church.
- Anyone with an interest in, or a responsibility for, some area of Christian Ed. such as faith development, teaching ministries, small group leadership, children & youth programming, adult ministry, discipleship, retreat planning, etc.
- Be actively engaged in church work, students, or retired from active service.
- Be from other denominations.
- Memberships may be paid by individuals or by the churches they serve.
- Attend a meeting to see if CEF membership will be helpful to you & your church.
- Contact an officer or attend a meeting for a copy of Wisconsin Chapter CEF Bylaws.